Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 3: YELLOW nails

Before last night I only had one yellow in my collection - Finger Paints Art Nouv-Yellow which I hated.  It stained my nail bed every time I used it, sometimes through layers of polish.  There was no stopping this color from nail bed destruction!  Now I have two yellows: the Finger Paints yellow and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow.  Hopefully I'll have better luck with the Sally Hansen color than Finger Paints.

The weather in Milwaukee was absolutely terrible yesterday.  High winds, rain, freezing temperatures...all sorts of yuck in general.  I'm glad I have these warm colors to wear to try and lessen up the gloom that Mother Nature is throwing down.

My inspiration for this design for yellow nails comes from two things: the bumblebee that made it way into my apartment on Tuesday and this video from Cute Polish.  The bumblebee survived my cat and I set it free outside, though it may not have survived the weather from this past day.


For this design I used Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow as the base, Sally Hansen Black Out for the bee's trail and body, and Zoya Snow White for the bee's wings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...