Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Misty Blue

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I painted my nails this color.  I was rifling through my box of polish, looking for something soft, maybe a pale pink or pale purple.  I picked out Zoya Breezi, a color I got when I bought their color lock system back in June, and thought I'd give it a whirl.

This color is much darker than I was expecting.  Zoya describes the color as:
"Soft, dusty, dirty medium cerulean blue with an opaque cream finish.  A super chic high-fashion denim look for nails."
but in the bottle I thought it was more sky blue than steel blue.  It's not.  To try and hide the color I stamped M.A.S.H. plate m63 with China Glaze Platinum Silver on top.  I have a lovely sweater that would go great with this polish, too bad it's summer.  Please ignore my thumb; I probably redid that nail four times before I gave up on it.  Smudges, bubbles, crooked design, ugh!



I really like how this polish looks in the light bulb photo but the actual color is more true to the sun photo.  Lame.

I have to admit, this is the nicest polish job I've ever done on my nails.  I usually flood my cuticles with polish, or get it all over the sides of my fingers - trying to overcompensate for having really small nail beds!  This looks so much better.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously one of my most favorite plate designs EVER! For flooded cuticles do clean up with a cheap art paintbrush - makes cleanup a snap and gives you quick, even lines. Love this combination by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a wretched paintbrush that is like using a twig to clean up with, lol. I think it'll just be easier to try and avoid painting near the cuticle at all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...