Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cupcakes

For my birthday today I decided to paint myself some cupcake nails.  They turned out all right, definitely not perfect but all right.

Personally, I think they look like cupcakes only if you tell yourself they should look like cupcakes.  If you don't know what they are I think it's a little hard to tell.  I'll try to do cupcakes again sometime to see if I can come up with something more realistic.




For this manicure I used China Glaze For Audrey as the base of the cupcake, Zoya Snow White for the frosting, and Zoya America for the giant red dot (it was supposed to be a cherry). For the colored dots (a.k.a. sprinkles) I used Finger Paints Art Nouv-Yellow, Zoya Robyn, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure I Pink I Can, and Zoya Mira.  Finally, for the cupcake holder lines I used So Easy Stripe Rite White.

Some of my dots are smudged.  They took a ridiculously long time to dry and I kept smudging them (sigh).  I need to practice dotting more so that I keep down the amount of nail polish I have on my dotting tool.

I also learned that this manicure is a little too risqué for work.  Evident ally engineers are supposed to be creative, but conservative.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...