Monday, September 19, 2011

Coach Patchwork

This week's nail art theme from Facebook's Polish-aholics Anonymous group was patchwork nails.  Ehhh, originally I was not too thrilled for this topic but I love the way the design looks on my nails.

The inspiration for this design comes from a Coach patchwork handbag.  I love the way the colors for this purse go together.  It's bright, cheerful, and makes me smile whenever I look at it.

For this manicure I started by painting my nails with a basecoat (Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment Base & Top Coat), followed by one coat of Zoya Snow White and then one coat of Finger Paints Art Nouv-Yellow.  I used a layer of white below the yellow because it makes this color 'pop' more than if I'd just painted the yellow over my basecoat.

Using tape to section off the area I wanted to keep yellow, I painted Zoya Jancyn over the rest of the nail.  Following the same procedure, I next used Zoya Areej and finally Zoya America.  I wanted to use Zoya Tamsen (one of my untrieds) instead of America but the color difference wasn't noticeable over Areej.  


Since these colors are all so...warm I wanted to distinguish them from one another.  To do this I added black "stitching" with a Kiss Nail Artist Fine Art Pen in Black.  Here's a before and after:


Before "Stitching"
After "Stitching"


My boyfriend said that my nails reminded him of the movie A Nightmare Before Christmas but I think my nails are much too colorful to be compared to such a dark film. 


I swear I moisturize more than it looks like in this photo!


I'm pretty bummed that I have to take it off after only a day and a half of wear but I must look "business professional" for a big meeting and these nails don't fit that look.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...