Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kiko Holos

Kiko Make Up Milano is an Italian cosmetics company that has a large line of affordable nail polish available in a variety of colors.  This past quarter they released a couple of new holographic nail polish shades as part of their Lavish Oriental Collection and my friend Candice from Mademoiselle Candy was able to get two of the shades for me!

Both of these swatches were done using Nail Life Nail Revitalizer as the base, two coats of color, and one coat of Seche Vite for a top coat.


Kiko 401: Peacock Green



The first is Kiko 401, Peacock Green, a very pretty steel blue holographic polish.  I've seen reviews calling this color a bright peacock green but I did not find that to be the case.  I found 401 to be much more muted, but still very pretty.  It does appear to have undercurrents of green color contained within, but definitely subdued.  I did have a patching problem on my pinky nail so I ended up redoing that nail; here the patching was my fault though: I accidentally applied the polish too thick.



Kiko 402: Jewel Pink



The second polish is Kiko 402, Jewel Pink, a bright pink holographic color.  This is a lovely pink though not incredibly unique.  A patch developed on my pointer finger and I couldn't get it masked/covered very well again.  I'm not sure if it was a more difficult formula or if I didn't wait long enough between coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...