Tuesday, July 30, 2013

NerdLacquer Walküre

I like operas.  They're deep, full of complex sounds, and generally involve pretty fantastic musical scores with great parts for the percussion section.  Once upon a time, I used to play percussion, stopping only once I graduated from college.  Because of my joy for music I was pleasantly surprised to see that a new collection from NerdLacquer was inspired by an opera from composer Richard Wagner.  Music from Wagner was the stuff I would play when I was angry or depressed in high school.  It was great.

Wagner composed a series of epic operas that was known as Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung).  The first opera is Das Rheingold and NerdLacquer based off this polish but I failed to buy it (oops).  The next opera is Die Walküre which includes a piece that never fails to remind me of the Imperial March (you know, from Star Wars).  Die Walküre (The Valkyrie) features the warrior-goddess Brünnhilde as she defends Siegmund in his battle with Hunding.




Pictured is three coats of NerdLacquer Walküre.  NerdLacquer describes Walküre as:
demi-matted steel armor grey with white and gold microshimmer, plus gold and charcoal glitter.  Complex, fearless, and equally fabulous with a glossy top coat.  Perfect shade for your fiercest warrior-goddess mood. 
Believe NerdLacquer's description, I felt invincible every time I wore this to strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...