Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 17: Earth Appreciation Manicure

The challenge for Week 17 of the 52 Week Challenge was an earth appreciation manicure.  I think there are a lot of different things you can do with an "earth appreciation" design.  Earth as the planet...trees...dessert...water...  I decided to pick a water theme because I'm all about water!  No really, I'm a water treatment engineer.  You have a water problem? Come talk to me.

These were my Earth Day nails:



For this manicure I tried to capture water on my nails.  I started with one quick coat of Zoya Kristen, then took a ripped up sponge and dabbed Zoya Jo across my entire nail and did the same with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  The combination of these three nail polishes left me with a gauzy blue color that I think looks more sky-like than water-like.  Maybe next time I should add some green in?  I finished my manicure by stamping fish on my nails using M.A.S.H. plate m27 and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out.  I can almost imagine that these fish are moving through the water, but I'm pretty sure they're just in the clouds above.

Be sure to check out what others have done for this challenge by visiting their blogs:
LizMarie at I'm Simply Complex • Jenna at I'm Still Thinking... • Caitlin at Addicted 2 Nails • Sarah at PrncessSarah02 • Charlotte at Charlotte's Nails :) • Shally at Polished & Not Quite Put Together • Rachel-Karina at Polished Criminails • Liz at Nothing But Nail Polish • Fun With My Nail Polish • Operation: Nail It! • Lauriestrodes Fun With Nails • Square Polish • Only Always Soccermom  • Hurr Did, Nails Did • Olivia Writes • The Dragon Lady • Kaki at Glitter Obsession • Isa at IsaBella's World • Gypsy at Gypsy's Glitter • Jackie at MeMa's Mani's  • Lissa at Lissa's Nail Blog  •  Marie at Polish, Polish, Polish...  • ChiChi at... •  Esra at Oje Sihirbazi (Wizard of Polish) •  Nails, Actually • Treselaine at Tres Chic Nails • Carol at Nails by Carol

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty...it took me a minute to realize those were fish, lol. I was sitting here what is that stamp, and then it hit me. I guess I should have just read on, but I had to pause, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect theme choice given your occupation! I really like those fish. I might have to look into buying this plate. Great mani!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...