Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week 3: Color Block Manicure


Week 3 Color Block Manicure was a test of my taping ability.  For this challenge I used the following imaged I pinned on Pinterest for inspiration (BTW if you know the original source for this image please let me know!):

Source:  thenailbank.tumblr.com  via Kristen on Pinterest   


Here's my take:


What do you think?  I started with a base of Essie Eternal Optimist, followed by taping off areas to paint Sally Hansen I Pink I CanZoya Areej, and Butter London Rosie Lee.  In between each layer I used a coat of Seche Vite so that the tape wouldn't pull off the layers below.  I forgot what an absolute pain in the bottom this type of manicure is half way though it, but thanks to Hulu I finished it.  And its been much too long since I've worn pink on a Wednesday!

Finally, here is a shot of Essie Eternal Optimist on its own.  This is my go to wear to work polish color.


Today I'm joining Google, Wikipedia, Reddit, Craigslist, and others to urge action against SOPA.  


Don't just sit there, please make the call to your congress person.  

Not from the United States? Tune in tomorrow for the regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...