Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 13: Ruffian Manicure

Week 13 of the 52 Week Challenge was to create a ruffian manicure.  This not a design I've ever tried before so I had to do a bit of research to find out what this style was all about.  What I found is that this design was created by Creative Nail Designs for a New York Fashion Week show in 2010.  It involves painting a base color, then adding another polish on top but set back from the cuticle to create a crescent shape.  All Lacquered Up has more information on how to create this look if you'd like to give it a try.



Ruffian manicures are hard!  That's all I really want to say on the subject.  I used China Glaze Platinum Silver for the ruffian part, then China Glaze Make Some Noise on top.  I had a terrible time trying to create an even amount of silver peaking through at the bottom.  My left hand was decidedly worse than the right and it seems like I photographed my nails with cat fur on them :-\.  These photos aren't color accurate for Make Some Noise; it's more coral in real life.


Be sure to check out what others have done for this challenge by visiting their blogs:




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...