Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl XLVII Manicure

I had grand, grand plans for my super bowl manicure this year.  Unfortunately, my plans didn't quite work out.  I'm sort of stuck in my graduate research lab all weekend trying to get more data for a grant update but I brought a bunch of polishes along to do my nails with.  One of the polishes turned out to be an absolute nightmare to work with.  I wanted to create water marbles for each team playing today, but I was trying to use Zoya Ziv.  Ziv is a gorgeous warm gold flake glitter polish but absolutely not pleasant to work with because of the larger particle size that is inherent with flakie glitter.  Despite my problems I managed to get something resembling a water marble on all my fingers.

I used two coats of Zoya Snow White for a base polish, then added one coat of Zoya Ziv on top before beginning the marble.

My left, San Francisco 49ers hand:


Here I used China Glaze Salsa and Zoya Ziv.

My right, Baltimore Ravens hand:


Water marbling here used Zoya Mira, Sally Hansen Black Out, Zoya Snow White, and Zoya Ziv.

My hands together are locked in  eternal struggle...until the game concludes and a winner emerges tonight.


Happy Super Bowl XLVII! What are you wearing today?

1 comment:

  1. Your 49ers hand looks sort of gory, like a murder scene! Maybe you could do something like that for Halloween

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...