Monday, July 9, 2012

I have a lot of . . .

I have a lot of pale green nail polish colors!  I was looking for a to color match my nail polish the back of a Dominion card but off the top of my head couldn't picture what nail polish colors went with the card.  I went through my stash and pulled out all the bottles that I thought would match...China Glaze For Audrey, Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Wet n Wild Megalast I Need a Refresh-Mint, Zoya Belvin, and Zoya Wednesday.  In the bottles they all looked quite similar.  Not having narrowed down my selection by all that much, I swatched each of the five colors onto a nail wheel.




1) China Glaze For Audrey  
2) Essie Turquoise & Caicos  
3) Wet n Wild Megalast I Need a Refresh-Mint  
4) Zoya Belvin  
5) Zoya Wednesday

Things were looking a bit better.  Turquoise & Caicos was more seafoam green, Belvin and Wednesday were darker, with Belvin being more of an olive color.  It was still a toss up between For Audrey and I Need a Refresh-Mint however.  So I swatched them next to each other!  



Pointer and Ring: Wet n Wild Megalast I Need a Refresh-Mint; Middle and Pinkie: China Glaze For Audrey

Boyfriend's verdict:  "They all look the same. Why did you get two of the same colors?" Oh boyfriend...  


My verdict: I think For Audrey is a little darker and more green, while I Need a Refresh-Mint is lighter and more blue.  The colors are definitely very close to each other.  Because the differences are so subtle I'm going to call the dupes of each other.  Feel free to debate!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...